Weather & Snow Conditions
Vail Ski Area Closed
Vail Weather Forecast
52° / 33°F
53° / 34°F
57° / 32°F
60° / 35°F
65° / 37°F
|Current Conditions||Mostly Cloudy
45°F/Feels Like 42°F
Provided by The Weather Channel®
Vail weather tips
- Get the most out of your vacation by being prepared. Try these tips to beat the elements:
- Wear adequate clothing. Alpine weather can change quickly. This includes afternoon showers and cool nights during the spring, summer, and fall months.
- Dress in layers. This way you can adjust to varying temperatures and altitude levels and stay dry.
- Wear a hat! You'll stay warm and protect your body from the sun and wind.
- In the summer, days tend to be warm but nights are always cool. Be sure to bring a jacket or sweater if you are outside after sunset.
- Sunglasses are helpful with the stronger rays of the sun at 8000 feet above sea level. Be sure glasses have UV protection.
High Altitude Tips
Vail Village is at an altitude of 8250 feet. The high altitude affects individuals differently; whether experiencing nauseating altitude sickness or simply finding yourself out of breath, a few precautions should be taken:
- If you’re not used to living at high elevation, take it slowly at first. With thinner air and less oxygen available at high altitudes you may tire more quickly and notice a shortness of breath.
- Drink plenty of water and limit alcohol and caffeine consumption. High, dry air accelerates dehydration.
- Don’t forget your sunglasses and sunscreen! At around 10,000 ft. the effects of the sun can be 50% greater than at sea level.
- Make sure to eat regular meals. Ideally, eat high carbohydrate, low fat meals and decrease salt.
- Above all, listen to your body! Don't push yourself too far and if you begin to feel worse, seek medical attention.
Skiing and snowboarding conditions change daily at Vail mountain. Make sure you know what's happening with the weather and the existing condtions before you hit the hill.
Enjoy and be safe!