Activities in Vail Valley
- Vail Golf Club:Par 71 , 7,024 yards - Play the original Vail Valley golf course while enjoying both the stunning views of the Gore Range and the soothing sounds of the Gore Creek. Located east of Vail Village.
- Eagle-Vail Golf Club: Par 72 , 6,819 yards - Open mid-May through September, this golf club is located 5 miles west of Vail and offers reasonable rates for rounds of golf. Open daily. Tee times made more then 5 days in advance will be charged a $10 non-refundable fee/per person. EagleVail also offers a Par 3 Course, Willow Creek. Great fun for the whole family!
- Beaver Creek Golf Course: Par 70, 6,464 yards - Beaver Creek's 18 hole championship course was designed by Robert Trent Jones, and features a clubhouse, restaurant, and driving range. A challenging short layout with rolling hills is nestled amongst the homes of Beaver Creek Resort. Public tee times are available after 12:00pm. Depending on availability, additional tee times from 10:30am-11:50am will be released 7 days in advance.
- The Sonnenalp Golf Club: Par 71, 7059 yards - Voted one of the top 100 resort courses in the country by Golf Digest, the Sonnenalp Golf Club is located in the Singletree Community of Edwards, Colorado, 15 minutes west of Vail. Enjoy the unbelievable views and elevation while soaking up the sunshine of this valley course. Tee times cannot be made more than 7 days in advance.
- Cordillera Short Course: Par 27, 1,252 yards - The only Cordillera public course, this 9-hole Dave Pelz Course sits atop a stunning mountain plateau. Play a fun, relaxed game at any level or use the sophisticated design to focus on improving your short game. Public tee times are available anytime and can be made 24hrs in advance.
- Gypsum Creek Golf Course: Par 72, 7,052 yards - Located 33 miles west of Vail in Gypsum, Colorado, this Pete Dye 18 hole course provides a unique golf experience. 14 holes lie on the floor of the Cottonwood Valley while the last 4 are atop a mesa lined with native sage and cedars. Public tee times are available anytime.
- Eagle Ranch Golf Club: Par 72, 7,530 yards - Challenge both your golf abilities with the abundant water hazards and also your concentration with the phenomenal views. This signature new Arnold Palmer Course is enjoyable for golfers of all skill levels. Public tee times are available 60 days in advance.
Rafting and Kayaking
Beginning in late April, local outfitters run the Eagle, Colorado and Arkansas Rivers, offering thrill seekers a chance to splash through the rippling rivers and big rapids. Try the Night Vision Raft Trip with Timberline Tours for something out of the ordinary!
Colorado is known for some of the best white water in the country. Guests can enjoy anything from a lazy float to a heart-pumping Class V river adventure. Most outfitters offer transporation as part of the raft trip and some even offer overnight adventures.
Try maneuvering your own sit-on-top kayak through the Upper Colorado River Class I and Class II whitewaters. Jump right in on this 1/2 day trip or take a two day lesson starting on Nottingham Lake and progressing to the Upper Colorado.
Many people come to Colorado in the summer to experience the true Western flare of the Rocky Mountains. Colorado is a great place to horseback ride, especially in the summer because of our mild temperatures, sunny days, incredible landscape, and dry climate. Stables are located on Vail Mountain, as well as other locations throughout the valley. Your concierge can recommend the ride that's best for you! Please note that children must be 7 or older to ride.
Enjoy scenic horseback rides through Game Creek Bowl on Vail Mountain. Ride the Gondola up to Eagle's nest and head westward across Vail Mountain into Game Creek Bowl. Guided by experienced locals, your 40-minute tour will start and end at Eagle's Nest and is available daily starting at 10:30am. Guests can extend their tour of Game Creek Bowl by taking a horseback ride after 4pm, ending at Game Creek Restaurant. Game Creek Restaurant is one of the premier on-mountain dining locations offering unprecendented views, amazing cuisine and an extensive wine and cocktail list. Children ages 2-6 can enjoy pony rides on Vail Mountain Friday-Sunday for only $10. Ride the gondola to Eagle's Nest.
Here you'll find some of the best trout fishing in the nation! Fish by yourself, learn to fish, or fish with a fully licensed and insured guide.
Full day, half day and overnight float and wade trips are available with one of the exceptional fly fishing outfitters in the Vail Valley.
Contact your Vail Spa concierge to plan your Vail Valley summer adventures today!