Activities in Vail Valley
- Vail Golf Club:Par 71 , 7,024 yards - Come play the oldest course in the Vail Valley while enjoying both the stunning views of the Gore Range and the soothing sounds of the Gore Creek. Located east of Vail Village. $75 with a cart fee of $19/person. Off season and late afternoon pricing available. 970-479-2260 Vail Golf Club >
- Eagle-Vail Golf Club: Par 72 , 6,819 yards - Open mid-May through September, this golf club is located 5 miles west of Vail and offers reasonable rates for rounds of golf. Open daily. Tee times made more then 5 days in advance will be charged a $10 non-refundable fee / per person. Peak Season (June 18-September 12) rates are $98 including a cart; Early/Late Season rates are $75. There is also a par 27 course, Willow Creek. 970-949-5267 Eagle Vail Golf Club
- Beaver Creek Golf Course: Par 70, 6,464 yards - Beaver Creek's 18 hole championship course was designed by Robert Trent Jones, and features a newly remodeled clubhouse, a 5,000 sq. ft restaurant, and driving range. A challenging short layout with rolling hills is nestled amongst the homes of Beaver Creek Resort.
- Public tee times are available after 12:00pm. Depending on availability, additional tee times from 10:30am-11:50am will be released 7 days in advance. During the Peak Season (June 15-September 15) $185 includes cart and range balls.Receive a discount if you book through your Concierge at least one week prior! Off season rates also available. For more information, including fees and tee times 970-845-5775 Beaver Creek Golf Course
- The Sonnenalp Golf Club: Par 71, 7059 yards - Voted one of the top 100 resort courses in the country by Golf Digest, the Sonnenalp Golf Club is located in the Singletree Community of Edwards, Colorado. Enjoy the unbelievable views and elevation while soaking up the sunshine of this valley course. Tee times cannot be made more than 7 days in advance. $150 includes cart and range, with off season and afternoon rates available. 970-477-5370 Sonnenalp Golf Club
- Cordillera Short Course: Par 27, 1,252 yards - The only Cordillera public course, this 9-hole Dave Pelz Course sits atop a stunning mountain plateau. Play a fun, relaxed game at any level or use the sophisticated design to focus on improving your short game. Public tee times are available anytime and can be made 24hrs in advance. $65 includes unlimited play, cart, and range. 970-926-5550 Cordillera Short Course >
- Gypsum Creek Golf Course: Par 72, 7,052 yards - Located 33 miles west of Vail in Gypsum, Colorado, this Pete Dye 18 hole course provides a unique golf experience. 14 holes lie on the floor of the Cottonwood Valley while the last 4 are atop a mesa lined with native sage and cedars. Public tee times are available anytime. $70 includes cart and range balls when booked through your Concierge. 970-524-6200 Gypsum Creek Golf Club
- Eagle Ranch Golf Club: Par 72, 7,530 yards - Challenge both your golf abilities with the abundant water hazards and also your concentration with the phenomenal views. This signature new Arnold Palmer Course is enjoyable for golfers of all skill levels. Public tee times are available 60 days in advance. $99 with a cart during the Peak Season (June 26-September 6) with off season pricing available before June 26th and after September 6. 970-328-2882 Eagle Ranch Golf Course
- Red Sky Ranch Golf Club: A private club with two championship courses, one designed by Tom Fazio (played on odd numbered days) and the other designed by Greg Norman (played on even numbered days). Located 15 miles west of Beaver Creek in Wolcott. Fazio Course: Par 72, 7,113 yards and Norman Course: Par 72, 7,580 yards. Tee times are available 30 days in advance and MUST be made through your Concierge! Cancelations must be made at least 4 days prior. Peak Season (June 4 - September 19) rates are $250 including cart and range. Off season rates are also available. Red Sky Ranch Golf Club
Rafting and Kayaking
Beginning in late April, local outfitters run the Eagle and Arkansas Rivers, offering thrill seekers a chance to splash through the rippling rivers and big rapids. Try the Night Vision Raft Trip with Timberline Tours for something out of the ordinary!
Colorado is known for some of the best white water in the country. Guests can enjoy anything from a lazy float to a heat-pumping Class V river adventure. Most outfitters offer transporation as part of the raft trip and some even offer overnight adventures.
Try maneuvering your own sit-on-top kayak through the Upper Colorado River Class I and Class II whitewaters. Jump right in on this 1/2 day trip or take a two day lesson starting on Nottingham Lake and progressing to the Upper Colorado.
Many people come to Colorado in the summer to experience the true Western flare of the Rocky Mountains. Colorado is a great place to horseback ride, especially in the summer because of our mild temperatures, sunny days, incredible landscape, and dry climate.
Vail Mountain has its own horseback riding stables and offers a variety of options.
Enjoy scenic horseback rides through Game Creek Bowl on Vail Mountain. Ride the Gondola up to Eagle's nest and head westward across Vail Mountain into Game Creek Bowl. Guided by experienced locals, your 40-minute tour will start and end at Eagle's Nest and is available daily starting at 10:30am for guests ages 7 and up.
- Vail Season Pass Holders - $50
- Non-Pass Holders - $60
- Tour, Lift Ticket, and $15 Lunch Voucher (valid at Bistro 14 or Talon's Deck) - $70
- Reservations recommended - call 970-754-8245
Horseback Riding with Game Creek Dinner: Guests can extend their tour of Game Creek Bowl by taking a horseback ride after 4pm, ending at Game Creek Restaurant. Game Creek Restaurant is one of the premier on-mountain dining locations offering unprecendented views, amazing cuisine from chef K. David Clawson and an extensive wine and cocktail list.
Guests can also enjoy a four-course 'wrangler' dinner after their horseback ride for only $89 (includes horseback ride) and $69 for children ages 7-12.
All horseback rides into Game Creek Bowl after 4pm are one-way and include return transportation to Eagle's Nest. Gondola Rides are FREE after 4pm.
Pony Rides on Vail Mountain: Children ages 2-6 can enjoy pony rides on Vail Mountain Friday-Sunday for only $10. Ride the gondola to Eagle's Rest and head east towards the volleyball courts. Additionally, children can enjoy a pony ride and their choice of two other Adventure Ridge activities (rebound trampoline, climbing call, or disc golf) for only $25.
Here you'll find some of the best trout fishing in the nation! Fish by yourself, learn to fish, or fish with a fully licensed and insured guide.
Fish for a full day, half day, or take an overnight trip with one of the many fly fishing outfitters in the Vail Valley.