Maps of Vail and Vail Mountain
Vail Mountain is a big place, so make sure you're prepared and know where you're going with these helpful maps! With so many places to go on the mountain, make sure you know all the in's and out's of this amazing ski area.
View the downloadable winter trail map here: Vail Mountain includes three distinct skiing experiences: the Front-side, the Back Bowls and Blue Sky Basin. View the layout of the mountain by viewing (or downloading) our Trail Map.
View the 2010 summer trail map here: Navigate your way around Vail Mountain like a local pro and soak up the best views nature has to offer. Note: Some hiking and biking travel routes may be detoured due to construction. Signs will be posted designating closed areas as well as highlighting detour route.
View the interactive resort map here: View the town of Vail including the three main base areas of Golden Peak, Vail Village and Lionshead. Find out where to park, rental locations, bus stops and much more.
Complimentary Mountain Tours
If you're new to Vail or just want to get a better sense of the mountain, make sure to take advantage of Vail's complimentary mountain tours.
Mountain Welcome Tour: Designed for intermediate and above skiers, this free guided tour will help orient you and familiarize guests with Vail Mountain. This tour is offered daily (winter only) at 10:30am, meeting at Eagle's Nest (Bailey's Pavilion) and Mid-Vail (Snowsports School desk on Look Ma level). No reservations needed, but for more information or parties of 10 or more please call Jeff Wiles at 970.754.4603.
Blue Sky Basin Tour: This tour is just like the mountain welcome tour, designed for strong intermediate and above skiers only, but is specific to helping familiarize guests with the natural and gladed terrain of Blue Sky Basin. This tour is offered daily in the winter at 11:00am, meeting at the yurt located next to Patrol Headquarters (Henry's Hut). As usual, there is not need for reservations, but parties of 10 or more please call Jeff Wiles at 970.754.4603.
50+ Ski With Us program: This tour offers a great way to familiarize skiers with the vast and varied terrain of Vail's 5000 plus acres and establishes camaraderie for the skiers who ski Vail regularly.This tour is offered every Monday at 9:15am, meeting at Bailey's Pavilion (located at the top of the gondola) for skiers 50+ years old. While this tour has been designed for 50+ year old, Vail will accommodate younger spouses or significant others. The tour is open to advanced intermediate level and above and designed to have skiers experience different terrain, meet new people and challenge yourself! The tour breaks into groups based upon guest's skiing ability and the terrain they wish to ski. The tour groups generally meet up at lunch time and then they resume for afternoon skiing. Some guests may change groups at lunch or choose not to ski with a group in the afternoon. Questions? Call Jeff Wiles at 970-754-4603.
Summer Hiking Tours: Vail started offering guided hiking tours in the summer of 2010. See the information below provided by Vail Resorts:
Vail Summer Guided Hike Schedule: June 24-September 6, 2010
(All scheduled hikes are available as privates)
- WEDNESDAY: Summit Hike 10:30am-1:30pm *
- THURSDAY: Berrypicker Hike 10:30am-1:30pm
- FRIDAY: Summit Hike 10:30am-1:30pm *
- SATURDAY: Berrypicker Hike 10:30am-1:30pm, Summit Plus All Day Hike 10:00am-3:00pm *
- Berrypicker Hike: This hike departs and returns from the Lionshead Summer lift ticket office. The Berry Picker trail provides many options based on the experience and conditioning of the hikers. 3 hours, 3-4 miles, up to 1000ft of elevation gain.
- Summit Hike: The Mountain top hike takes advantage of the Gondola and the stunning views from Eagles nest. The hike will contour and circumnavigate the upper part of Vail mountain yielding views of both the Gore Range and Mount of the Holy Cross. These panoramic views are second to none. (Optional BBQ lunch voucher is available for purchase) 3 hours, 3-5 miles up to 800ft of elevation gain.
- Summit Plus All Day Hike: The Mountain top hike takes advantage of the Gondola and the stunning views from Eagles nest. The hike will contour and circumnavigate the upper part of Vail mountain yielding views of both the Gore Range and Mount of the Holy Cross. These panoramic views are second to none. Lift ticket and picnic lunch provided. 5 hours, 5-7 miles and up to 1200ft of elevation gain.
Scheduled Pricing (Please ask for Private Pricing)
- Berry Picker Hike: $45/$25 kids 12 and under
- Summit Hike: $45/$25 Hike with valid lift pass, $55 Hike and lift pass, $65 Hike, Lift & Lunch ($15 towards mountain top BBQ)
- Summit Plus All Day Hike: $95/$55 Hike, Lift and picnic Lunch
A 24 hour advanced reservation is required with a minimum of (2) hikers, Back Packs, Trekking poles, Bottled water and Granola bars provided. If weather becomes in climate the schedule is subject to change.
* Hike requires valid lift pass or purchase of lift ticket, optional BBQ lunch voucher available for purchase
General information (970) SKI-VAIL (754-8245) | Private